Thursday, April 15, 2010

Unsigned seniors unite at Boo Williams

We're sure the players will be ballin' like crazy over the next three days during the prestigious Nike Boo Williams Girls Invitational in Hampton. But the fiercest, most determined action of the weekend figures to come Sunday during an unsigned high school senior/junior college players only girls basketball showcase, sort of a last-chance audition for players convinced that a scholarship is just a few more dribbles away. One such player is Sade Jackson, a 5-8 guard from Aquinas High in the Bronx who told the New York Post she's not leaving the showcase without a Division I offer.

“D-II is not an option,” Jackson said. “I just want to play D-I. I feel like I’m capable of playing Division I. Anything else would be settling.”

Jackson is so set on playing at the highest level that even if there are still no takers after Sunday she may still walk on "at a program like Old Dominion."

A program like Old Dominion?

No comments:

Post a Comment