Sunday, July 17, 2011

Lieberman moves to D-League team front office

We already knew Nancy Lieberman wasn't going to be coaching Old Dominion next season. Now it looks as though, at least in the short term, she won't be coaching at all.  Lieberman, who made national headlines - and the playoffs - as the first woman to coach a men's team in the NBA Developmental League, will move from the sideline to the front office for the D-League's Texas Legends. Lieberman said she wanted to spend more time with her son T.J. Cline, a senior in high school.

"I have one son and he has one senior year," Lieberman said. "It's not to say I'll never coach again, because T.J. goes to college in a year, but I felt like this was the right thing to do right now. I don't want to have any regrets as a mom. I want him to look up and see me in the stands."


This is one of the main reasons we felt fairly sure Lieberman wasn't going to wind up as Old Dominion's coach. The timing just wasn't right. 

No comments:

Post a Comment