Friday, January 15, 2010

VCU's Rorie not forgotten

Classy touch by the VCU Rams, who draped senior La'Tavia Rorie's jersey over a seat on the bench for Thursday night's 76-60 victory at Georgia State. Rorie was lost for the season after tearing an ACL Sunday. (Source: vcuathletics.com)

Choice chatter
Sound bites after Thursday's hectic night of hoops

"This team is making me grey. I love my players but they are wearing me out lol....my blood pressure goes way up during the season." - Twitter post from Delaware coach Tina Martin after the Blue Hens survived UNC Wilmington Thursday night.

“I guess it’s like Kobe and LeBron, going back and forth. She played well. You know, you can’t stop her.” - Towson's Shanae Baker-Brice on her duel with JMU's Dawn Evans. Baker-Brice won the battle (32 points to Evans' 30); the Dukes won the war in OT. (Towerlight Online)

"It hit me with like a minute to go. I looked up and I was like, 'Wow, we're about to win this game.' " - Virginia Tech's Lindsay Biggs on the Hokies' stunning 79-64 win over No. 10 North Carolina, Tech's first over the Tar Heels since 1984. (Hokiesports.com)

"Obviously we've got to figure out a way to put more than 49 points on the board to get some conference wins." - George Mason coach Jeri Porter after the Patriots' 79-49 loss at Old Dominion. Mason is averaging 47.2 ppg in its 0-4 CAA start. (gomason.com)

"We will have our hands full with Elena Delle Donne." - Drexel coach Denise Dillon, stating the obvious in advance of Sunday's Drexel at Delaware showdown. (Triangle.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment