Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Hampton's Jericka Jenkins' family loses home in tornado

Getting selected by a WNBA team is the least of Jericka Jenkins' concerns these days.

The family of Hampton's star point guard lost its home in Lancaster, Texas earlier this month after tornadoes ravaged the Dallas County region. More than 1,600 homes were damaged in Lancaster alone. Jenkins' family is currently living in a hotel.

Hampton University's student government has created a "Donate to Dallas Relief Fund" to benefit Jenkins and others affected by the storm.

"I'm humbled that my Hampton family has reached out to me and others during this time," Jenkins said. "It is tragic to me and my family to have lost our home, but knowing that others care and are spearheading efforts to help us makes a big difference."

Donations can be made at https://secure.hamptonu.edu/contribute/relief/



No comments:

Post a Comment