Monday, September 26, 2011

Richmond's Shells slated for Israeli team

We're always happy to be writing about Brittani Shells. Richmond's now-you-see-her, now-you-don't point guard was as fun a player to watch as any in the country last year, just one of the reasons we're delighted she'll be continuing her playing career in Israel.

Shells will be playing for Eulizer Holon, whose first game is Oct. 17.

"I have no idea what to expect," Shells said. "However I know Israel is where a number of WNBA players play, so I am fortunate to get an opportunity to play against some great competition. People who played there in the past say it is an easy adjustment to living and that I would love it. ...I  am constantly working out and getting stronger and better, so I can compete at a higher level. I'm pretty excited, yet nervous, but for any Christian, it's a blessing because this is God's chosen place ... the holy land."
Shells is right about WNBA players finding a place there. Former Virginia Tech star Kerri Gardin (Connecticut Sun, too) led the team last year, averaging 16.8 ppg and 12.7 rpg. Also on last year's squad: Edwina Brown (Texas), Sherri Sam (Vanderbilt) and Shannon Bobbitt (Tennessee).
Former ODU star Tay Ransburg also played for Eulizer Holon for one season.

No comments:

Post a Comment