Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Postcard from JMU's Lauren Jimenez

Greetings from James Madison graduate Lauren Jimenez, who is playing in Poland this winter for Artego Bydgoszcz (6-5). Jimenez has played in all 11 games and averages 9.5 points and 4.7 rebounds while shooting 48 percent from the field. (The two Americans she refers to below are Renee Taylor (Miami) and Shonda Long (Central Michigan).

The downtown area is beautiful.  I've met a lot of wonderful people out here and I am so blessed to have this opportunity. We have a steady fan base, but I miss the JMU Crown Club and the WBB fans in Harrisonburg. The staff and team are so nice here. We have two new Americans now, so that is wonderful. Also Poland has gotten me into a lot of soups! LOL! My fave is tomato soup, which I though I would never like considering I don't like tomatoes. ... My biggest adjustment is still the language barrier, but I'm learning a lot of words, just not sentences.

Home for Christmas in 9 days!

Love,

Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment