Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Postcard from Richmond's Brittani Shells

Greetings from former Richmond point guard Brittani Shells, who is playing professionally in Israel. Shells playing for Eulizer Holon (1-5), shoots a team-best 51 percent and averages 12 ppg, 3.4 apg and 2.6 spg. The other Americans on the team are Tahnee Robinson (Connecticut Sun, Nevada), Tierney Jenkins (Alabama) and Shayla Scott (Pitt).

Israel is wonderful. There are four Americans on each team, so it is easier to adjust. Since I am a Christian, I had to go to Jerusalem, the Holy Land. I think that was the highlight of my being here thus far. 

There are a few things that have been a bit challenging, such as food. They don't do pork, so it's tough, but they have a few American spots where many American players go and connect and eat. I am the point guard over here, so it's been an adjustment as far as leading a team, understanding the flow of the game, seeing the floor, knowing when to score and when to pass, but I have a patient coach who is helping me, and is confident in me which is always important. Also, playing against tough competition day in and day out, playing against girls who are in the league or who have been there already is fun. I believe I've matured a lot since I've been out here, both, spiritually, mentally and physically. I get to come home for the holidays for a few days. That is another adjustment -- not seeing your family, only through Skype, but I love it!

I am living my dream!.

Love,

Brittani

No comments:

Post a Comment