Monday, November 28, 2011

Virginia Tech's Hines-Allen OK, and other hoops notes

- Virginia Tech's Latorri Hines-Allen is fine and is expected to practice this week, Hokies spokesperson April Goode said. Hines-Allen was hurt going after a loose ball in Saturday's loss to Minnesota in the St. Mary's Concord Hilton Tournament and was taken to a local hospital by paramedics.

- After Cal's 59-50 victory over Virginia Sunday, Cal coach Lindsay Gottlieb made the following remarks:

"For me, personally, I wouldn't be where I am and have this job that I love without Joanne Boyle. I felt that the best way to honor that was coach this game like I know how, prep like I know how. Treat it like it is a game against a top-25 team and for us to take steps towards becoming the team we want to be. I was really proud of our team and how they came out today and was thankful to get a win over a very good Virginia team."


- For the latest on a red-hot George Mason team, check out this blog. Good stuff. But be prepared for a lot of green and gold. I mean, A LOT of green and gold.


- Duke freshman Elizabeth Williams, formerly of Virginia Beach's Princess Anne High, earned the first of what figures to be multiple ACC Rookie of the Week honors Monday. Williams went for 16 points, 13 rebounds and 7 blocks in the Blue Devils' near-miss against Notre Dame. Miami's Shenise Johnson is the ACC Player of the Week.


- If you haven't heard by now, undefeated Delaware made its debut in the AP Top 25 at No. 24, while former No. 22 Virginia dropped out after going 1-2 in the Waikiki Beach Rainbow Wahine Showdown in Hawaii.



No comments:

Post a Comment