Wednesday, February 22, 2012

RANDOMNESS with VCU's Andrea Barbour


Thanks to Virginia Commonwealth's Andrea Barbour for participating in the latest edition of LadySwish RANDOMNESS. The redshirt senior, a 5-10 shooting guard, averages 16.7 ppg and 5.7 rpg. Prior to her career at VCU, Barbour made the ACC Rookie Team during a freshman year at Virginia Tech when she averaged 15 ppg. She ultimately transferred to Patrick Henry Community College in Martinsville, where the basketball program was dormant for two years. In her second year there, the program started again with Barbour leading the Division II Patriots to the national title game (while at PHCC, she even recorded a triple-double 32 points, 10 assists, 10 rebounds). Barbour will graduate from VCU in May.

One word to describe you: Quiet

In your spare time, you enjoy? I like to chill. I'm really laid back. I like watching ESPN and "Law and Order SVU."

Your favorite spot on the VCU campus? I like the food place that has Raising Cane's and IHOP.

Favorite food? Chicken and seafood.

On your iPod? Rihanna, Drake, Jessie J., Beyonce

Pre-game song: I like to listen to slow music. I don't like all that hype. Sometimes it'll be Pandora; sometimes that Chris Brown station.

Favorite movie? "Salt" with Angelina Jolie


Secret indulgence: I like soap operas (especially the CBS ones no longer on the air, including "As the World Turns" and "Guiding Light.")

Was it always basketball? Always. I used to stay late at the park and play with the boys.

You took a circuitous route to get to VCU. What did you learn along the way? "I've matured a lot since my first year. Maturity is the big thing. I always knew I would come back to basketball."

Favorite basketball memory? Going to the state finals when I was in high school. (Barbour was Group AA Player of the Year at Charlottesville High. She was also a McDonald's All-American semifinalist her senior  year.)


Who do you enjoy watching? I like Kobe Bryant. I like Deanna Nolan and Angel McCoughtry, Seimone Augustus, Matee Ajavon and Cappie Pondexter.

If you could dine with three people, who would they be? Beyonce, Kobe and Michael Jordan.


Goal for the rest of the season: We've got four seniors. We just want to finish out strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment