Wednesday, February 8, 2012

We always knew JMU's Dawn Evans was a Fox ...

Dawn Evans is a Fox!

Yeah, yeah, yeah, we think she's beautiful, too, but officially she's a Flying Fox. The former James Madison point guard -- also known as the CAA's all-time leading scorer -- leaves for Austria on Friday to join the Flying Foxes (13-1) in the Austrian Women's Basketball League.

"They want me to play as soon as possible," said a giddy Evans. "I thought I could walk away from the game that I love so much, but I just wasn't quite ready to hang up my sneaks! It's an opportunity to go over and get my feet wet at the professional level and just go from there. It's pretty late in the season, so I will just go and try to fit into their system."

The Flying Foxes are an Austrian powerhouse, having won the last six AWBL titles. The other Americans on the team are Nikol Soulis (Wisconsin-Green Bay), Kachine Alexander (Iowa, Minnesota Lynx) and Brittanie Taylor-James (North Carolina A&T).

We bet you'll fit in fine, Dawn. And we look forward to a hearing about life in Austria.

No comments:

Post a Comment