Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Dawn Staley to stay at South Carolina

Scratch former Virginia star Dawn Staley off the list of candidates for the Cavaliers head coaching job. Staley released a statement Wednesday that she will remain at South Carolina. She added that "Virginia is going in a different direction." Interesting choice of words, don't you think?

Staley's statement:

"A lot of people have been talking about me going to Virginia since Debbie Ryan stepped down, and I understand that. It's my alma mater, where I was really shaped as a person, so it's a natural conversation to have. In the end, Virginia is going in a different direction, and I'm staying at the University of South Carolina because I truly believe we have a bright future here. The more I thought about it, the more I didn't want to leave because of the direction we have this program going. The players we have coming in next year are going to help us grow even more, and the groundwork our coaching staff is laying with future classes has been outstanding. We feel like we have a gold mine here, and I'm confident our best days at South Carolina are ahead of us."






No comments:

Post a Comment